About Me

My photo
Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Thanks, for stopping by. For those who don't know me my name is Niels. I grew up in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado, and I am currently living in Brasil. I was a chef for almost 10 years back in the states, and I have decided to start posting some of my recipes. I will also be posting recipes for some of the foods from here as well. Check back often for new recipes. Comments and questions are always welcome. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fried Ice Cream

Recipe:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Corn flakes
Honey or caramelized sugar
Ground Cinnamon
oil

Equipment:
Fryer
Tupperware container
wax paper

Grind the corn flakes in a blender or grinder until they are a fine powder (similar to fine bread crumbs).  Form the ice cream into balls and return to the freezer for 2-3 hours. remove and bread the ice cream balls one at a time and return to the freezer for another 2-3 hours or until firm.
To fry dip the ball in to hot oil 350F for 10-15 seconds. pat gently with a paper towel to remove excess grease and serve with honey or caramel and cinnamon.
To make this the king of desserts serve on top of a fresh brownie


1 comment:

  1. I just don't think mine would turn out the same, but I might try this though. You make it sound so easy & tempting.

    ReplyDelete